Impact Case Study – Cleeve Prior C of E First School
Impact Case Study: – School support with a Direct Sports Provision Apprentice
Spring and Summer Term 2017: a sports apprentice working as classroom assistant with Yr R and 1 pupils one morning a week and lunchtime club for the whole school followed by a PE lessons in the afternoon delivered to all classes in conjunction with a coach educator from Direct Sports Provision.
Autumn Term 2017: Due to the success of the role this has now been extended to 4 days a week with the apprentice working across the school.
- A positive, young, male role model across the school especially for the male pupils.
- Regular delivery of gross motor skill interventions by a trained sports coach
- Provision of lunch time play club and extra after school clubs
- Leading and overseeing the School Games Organising Crew to achieve Sainsbury School Games Awards.
- Change 4 Life delivered through the Before School Breakfast ’10 minute shake ups’ Sessions
- Enhanced provision for YR and 1 pupils through the continuous provision of high quality physical play activities.
- In class support for small groups and individual pupils with reading, phonics and maths activities.
- Yoga sessions.
- Support for Forest school activities – again providing that positive male role model.
Mrs Sarah Newbury, Head Teacher at Cleeve Prior C of E Primary School– says “we have worked very closely with Direct Sports Provision since the company was formed and have always had high regard for the quality of service provided and the coaches who have worked in the school. The provision of the apprentice is an invaluable asset to the school and the experiences we can offer the pupils. He enriches and enhances our educational provision in a way that would not be possible without the support of Direct Sports Provision. They consistently continue to work closely with us to ensure that the needs of the school and the pupils are met in the best way possible.